Friday, May 22, 2009

Strange day

I was riding to work today taking my normal route and some jerk-off kept tailgating me. Hit my brakes a few times but that didn’t stop him, so when we came to a stop and traffic started to move again and he kept inching up on me I just turned around and gave him the death stare. Nuff said. He stayed way back after that.
Came to my left turn and some lady decides she wants to make a left turn as well only she did this last minute and with no blinker, then at the light I see she is reading, no wonder. We make the left and both of us happen to turn right into the same store for breakfast, of course she doesn’t use her blinker again. Glad she left before me!!

As I am backing out of my spot a SUV comes flying by and swerves around me. Damn parking lot cutters, I really hate it when they use parking lots as a short cut. This guy finally pissed me off. Maybe I should pull up beside him/her and say something. Good idea. Long way to the next light and I still can’t get him off my mind.

What the HELL!! What was that noise. Sh!t my keys just fell out of my pocket. Cages too close for to me to stop. Now I have to make a U’e and head back, wait for a break in the traffic and make another U’e and look for my keys. AHH there they are good shoulder to pull over and stop. Wait for more traffic, run out grab the keys. Ok now I’m done looking like dumbass. Hope I can finish this 11 mile ride to work in one piece!

Hop back on the bike get ready to take off and then I notice the sun coming over the tops off the trees its 74° and just a beautiful morning. What the hell was I getting so worked up about anyway? Relax, reflect and just enjoy the rest of the ride.

Today is going to be a great day.

1 comment:

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

EXCELLENT! Once we get it into our heads, the real reason we ride...we start to realize, little things that don't kill or damage us are simply water off a ducks back!

Glad you had that moment of awakeing....it must of made the rest of the day go much smoother!

Really like your blog, and I'm coming back to read more! (Its on my reading list!)