Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Been away for awhile

Sorry to say I missed ROT this year, hope I can make it next year. I have been on several short rides since I last wrote. And have just come back from a family vacation.

I took my wife and 2 kids + 1 family friend (my daughter friend) to Fiesta Texas and Schlitterbahn. We left Saturday morning and took my mother in law home, then when shopping at a Harley store in San Antonio and the River City Mall. We ate lunch along the river walk and had a goodtime. We got up Sunday morning and headed out to Fiesta Texas, the lines were not to bad and kids had fun until it stared to rain and we got drenched. Made it back to hotel around 9pm.



Next we went to Schlitterbahn. Monday was good, again we didn't have to wait in long lines like usual. I think we rode every ride at the first park before we got tired. Tuesday was a different story we arrived at Schlitterbahn around 11am and had a hard time finding a picnic table. Then we headed of to our 1st ride 2.5hrs. We finally got to the top level we still had 45 min or more and then the rain started. The wind was blowing hard against my back and I had 3 kids trying to stay warm with their faces buried in my shirt. They didn't shut the rides down and no one left their place in line, after all it is a water park and there wasn't any lighting. After we finally went down the ride no one wanted to get out of the water because it was warmer then the rain. Then we spent the rest of the day going around in the wave pool.

Wednesday we headed out to Austin (can you tell we like Austin), 2 Harley stores, Mt Bonnell and The Oasis to round out the Vacation. All and all everyone had a great time.

No comments: